Get ready for the 4th of July with EZ-EL independence day of USA hat! Take the red, white and blue wire and make your own the 4th of July hat. It’s great for the 4th weekend of July all! Use it, show your patriotism and have fun with it!
4th of July Hat 2018
- 10 ‘red wire
- 10′ blue EL wire
- 10 ‘white EL wire
- Black sewing thread
- 3v inverter
- 3-way divider cable
- Tie 1-3
- Using scissors cut a 3/4 inch hole in the top of the hat. Imitate what they do in the image or Make a hole where they never want to start their design. Inserting this hole will help to hide the beginning of the thread and let the output wires to hide inside the hat.
- Chain the wire through the hole you just made in step 1.
- Zip tie the red, white and blue wire together.
- Once the wire through the hole, pull the EL wire all the way through the end unit. Be sure to hide the plastic part, not inside the hat.
- You can make any pattern you want. Place the cable where you want to start your design. I have decided to start the process on top of the hat. Insert the needle from inside the hat and through pushing outwards and continue two more times. The chain should end up behind in the hat where you tie off with the starting tip.
- Wrap the collected wires together at the edge and sew at the endpoint. Join all cables. First sew the top next to the hat, and then start to twist. Once you are satisfied with the length of the pattern turn forward and sew the end point of the pattern spin for the hat. (I twisted the wire to the cable.) Then I twist tie the endpoint to prevent the collapse. Using the braid pattern Wrap the cable around the hat or line up to create your own design.
- Make a hole in the edge of the hat or anywhere your design ends. After the sequence the excess cable through the hole. This helps to hide the cable and allows you to rest on the side of the hat. Cut off any excess wire with a wire cutter and you yourself have a custom hat! Do not hesitate to change the colors and design to your liking!
4th of July Hat 2018